When you are looking for a dinner that goes together quickly and has lots of kid-appeal, this skillet meal is a winner. If you have a large skillet and a large family, the recipe can easily be doubled.
Note: To make this skillet stroganoff extra rich and creamy, add 1/2 to 1 cup cream cheese before stirring in pasta.
- 1 Lbs. ground beef, turkey, or pork
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp. flour (use rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream or thick Greek-style yogurt
- 2 cups cooked rice or egg noodle pasta
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. If meat is very lean, add a Tbsp. of ghee or butter to keep it from sticking to the pan.
- When meat is browned, add chopped onion and garlic and continue to stir until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in a little of the broth if needed, to keep the mixture from sticking to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook until they start to give up some liquid.
- Add dried parsley and flour to meat mixture; stir well to combine. Pour in remaining broth and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream or yogurt until combined, but do not boil. Add pasta or rice to skillet and cook until warmed through. Add salt and pepper.