A quiche is a delightful way to serve eggs plus the ingredients of your choice. The tartness of spinach combined with the creamy sweetness of ricotta makes this spinach ricotta quiche irresistible for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Spinach Ricotta Quiche Recipe Demo
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust of your choice (homemade, gluten-free, etc.)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages organic frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 pastured eggs
- The first thing we want to do is get our quiche crust ready to accept all our ingredients. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake pie crust for 5 minutes; remove to a cooling rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F so that it will be ready for our spinach ricotta quiche when we've got it ready to bake..
- Next we want to get our filling ready to go. We're going to start by sautéing our veggies and spices. Sauté onions in butter until translucent; stir in spinach, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Now we want to add the bulk of the quiche and get it ready for baking. Add ricotta, parmesan, cream, and eggs to spinach mixture; stir to combine. Once these are well combined, we're ready to add them to our already baked pie shell.Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Finally, we get to the good part. It's time to bake our spinach ricotta quiche.Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes, until filling is set and slightly browned. We want it to have a slight jiggle, but not to be wet.