These crackers are oh-so-easy to make, and the taste will rival that of the brand-name crackers with the mysterious ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients except the salt in a large bowl, adding the flour last and incrementally as you blend with a wooden spoon. The dough will be firm, but make sure it all gets blended in very well.
- Shape dough into a thick round disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow it to soften until it is a good working consistency. Preheat oven to 350°F while you wait.
- Use a wooden rolling pin to roll the dough out until it is about 1/2 inch thick, then use a pizza cutter to make 1-inch squares.
- You can sprinkle the dough with the salt now if you’d like, then use the end of a wooden skewer to make a hole in the center of each cracker.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment, and lay the cut crackers on top of it, about 1/4 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until the bottom of the crackers are golden. Be sure not to over bake the crackers, for this will make them too crisp.
- Once the crackers have sat in the pan for a few minutes, use a spatula to transfer them to a cooking rack to cool completely. They will become crisper as they cool.