This pudding is thick and so rich that a small dish will more than satisfy you. Serve with fresh berries for a contrast to the richness, and cookie crumbles for a lovely crunch. It’s best to use whole milk ricotta cheese in this recipe, as low-fat will produce a grainy pudding. This recipe is a perfect no-cook dessert for hot summer days.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Add sugar to food processor and process to make powdered sugar.
- Add 1 lb. ricotta cheese and ¼ cup cocoa powder, and continue processing until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract towards the end of processing.
- Blend for another minute or until smooth and rich. If your processor is having trouble or you would like to thin the pudding just a bit, add a splash of milk.
- Spoon the mixture into four serving dishes and refrigerate for at least an hour.