Slightly reminiscent of the traditional Indian dish, mutter paneer, this salad uses both homemade yogurt and paneer to boost the nutrient content and make it good as a side dish or a vegetarian entrée.
- 1 Lbs. fresh or frozen peas, steamed until just tender (about 5 minutes)
- 2 Tbsp. ghee or butter
- 1/2 Lbs. fresh paneer
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Steam peas and set aside to cool.
- Melt ghee over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Once ghee is hot, brown paneer on all sides in ghee. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet. Sauté onions until soft, but not browned. Stir garlic and ginger in when onions are almost done and sauté them briefly with the onions. Set aside to cool.
- Mix turmeric, coriander, salt, cayenne, tomatoes, and yogurt together. When peas and onion mixture have cooled, combine them with the yogurt dressing. If the mixture seems a little dry, add some additional yogurt.
- Refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend.