A simple comfort food, this dish is delicious and easy to assemble. Top with crème fraîche and a sprig of parsley. Serve warm or make one day ahead and reheat before serving, to allow the flavors to further develop.
- 3 Lbs. organic potatoes, preferably a creamy style such as Yukon Gold
- 1-1/2 cups organic heavy cream
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- 3 Tbsp. flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 6 to 8-ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine cream, milk, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add potato slices, mix well, and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Layer slices in the baking pan, placing blue cheese in between the layers. Pour cream over potatoes and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove foil and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until brown.
- Cool for at least 1 hour and cut into squares.