Cinnamon rolls… drooool… The morning before you want to eat your cinnamon rolls, feed your starter. 4 hours before you go to bed start making your dough.
- 1 cup active starter
- 1/2 cup milk (non-dairy milks work too!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 melted butter
- 1/8 cup honey
- 5 cups sprouted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients except salt for 2-3 minutes. Allow the dough to rest for about 20 minutes.
- After rest, add salt and knead dough for about five minutes. If dough is too sticky, add slightly more flour but dough should be soft and not dry and stiff. Place in oiled bowl and allow dough to rise for 3-4 hours or until nearly doubled in size.
- After your dough has doubled (or at least grown a bit), roll it out into a large thin rectangle on a floured surface. I aim for about 18 X 10-12 inches.
- Spread filling evenly over the rectangle.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sucanat or coconut sugar or rapadura etc.
- Generous cover of cinnamon
- 1/4 raisins, nuts, other dried fruit (optional)