A pleasantly tangy direct-set yogurt starter that is easy to use. Make yogurt when you need to and freeze the remaining starter culture for later.
- Certified Kosher
- Each bottle contains 1¼ teaspoons starter culture.
- Use ⅛ teaspoon for 1-2 quarts of milk. (For larger batches, use ¼ teaspoon for 1-4 gallons milk.)
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- This culture is also suitable for use with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture, no starter to maintain.
- Instructions for using this culture may be found here.
Yogurt is amazingly versatile and may be used in recipes from smoothies to baked goods.
Yogurt Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting
Kosher Yogurt Starter Ingredients
- Milk, live active cultures (Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Kosher Yogurt Starter Allergen Information
- Contains dairy.
- May contain trace amounts of gluten: Barley source is used as a fermentation nutrient.
Shipping and Shelf Life Information
Our Kosher Traditional Flavor Yogurt Starter Culture is shipped in a polyethylene bottle as a freeze-dried yogurt culture in a dairy carrier. The starter is good:
- At room temperature (68º-78ºF): 3-4 weeks
- In the Refrigerator (40º-45ºF): 6 months
- In the Freezer: (0º-25ºF): 12+ months
Actual product may differ from image shown above.