Looking for a way to proof bread, culture yogurt, and incubate other fermented foods at home? The new Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker can do all that and more! The convenient fold-out box with electronic temperature control delivers predictable and accurate low-temperature heat offering home cooks something they’ve never had before: complete control, foolproof temperature management, and predictable results. Its features include:
- Anodized aluminum heating plate | Stainless steel wire rack | Aluminum water tray to maintain 60-80% humidity | All parts store inside Proofer when folded.
- Innovative design that easily folds down flat for convenient storage while being large enough to hold an 8 quart stock pot
- Two temperature modes: Proofer and Slow Cook
- Materials: Reinforced polypropylene body; clear window.
- Care: All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions: Inside (open):15” x 12.5” x 8” high (38 x 32 x 20.5 cm) | Outside (open): 18” x 14.5” x 10.5” high (46 x 37 x 27 cm) | Outside (closed): 18” x 14.5” x 2.75” high (46 x 37 x 7 cm)
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
The success of the product lies in its careful design. It’s a convenient fold-out box that delivers predictable and accurate low-temperature heat — essential for bread-rising, yogurt-making, and making products like sauerkraut, kefir, fermented pickles, and other probiotics.
- Radiant heat is generated by the aluminum base plate.
- Digital controls provide temperature settings from 70-195ºF (21 – 90ºC).
- Optionally, humidity may be increased by using the included water tray.
- Calibrated to maintain the temperature of its contents at the set point, not just the air inside; measuring internal air temperature may result in inconsistent readings.