Make kefir with this powdered starter culture - no grains to maintain!
- Each box contains 6 packets of starter culture. Store extra packets in freezer until ready for use.
- Use this product to culture cow, sheep, goat, soy, rice, or coconut milk, or coconut water.
- Cultures at room temperature, 72°-75°F.
- Ready in 18-24 hours; coconut water and some others require 24-48 hours.
- Kefir is ready if milk has thickened and has a sour aroma.
- Coconut water will not thicken like milk, but will become cloudy and much less sweet.
- Re-culture about 7 times per packet by using 6 tablespoons kefir from the previous batch as starter for the new batch.
- Detailed instructions are included with each box.
Body Ecology Kefir Starter Ingredients and Allergen Information
- Lactococcus lactis, lactococcus cremoris, lactococcus diacetylactis, and leuconostoc cremoris, lactobacillus plantarum, lactobacillus casei, saccharomyces boulardii, inulin
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
- According to the manufacturer, this product is dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- May contain trace amounts of dairy.
- Inulin is derived from chicory root.
Body Ecology Kefir Starter Storage and Shipping Information
Store in refrigerator or freezer. This product is shipped in a dehydrated state and keeps:
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 12 months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12 months or more
Actual product may differ from image shown above.