Make fantastic pancakes with this wonderful sourdough starter culture. For best results, we recommend feeding your sourdough starter weekly.
This sourdough starter is available as a dried culture. Dried sourdough starters are shelf-stable and do not have to be fed or cared for immediately. Dried sourdough starters can be ready to create baked goods within 3 to 5 days.
Detailed instructions will be included with your order. Click here to view our dried sourdough starter instructions.
- Sourdough Expert Advice Articles, How-to Videos & Recipes
- Sourdough FAQ
- How to Make Sourdough Bread (VIDEO)
- 10 Tips for Working with Traditional Sourdough Starter
- How to Feed Sourdough Starter (VIDEO)
Recipes for Sourdough
- Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Waffles
- Soft Sourdough Cookies
- Sourdough Biscuits
- Sourdough Pizza Crust
- Chocolate Chip Sourdough Cookies
- More Sourdough Recipes
Questions on Yukon Territory Sourdough Starter
- From heatherK at 10/16/2014 2:41 PM
- What makes this good for pancakes? Also, is this more mild or more sour?
- The flavor of the Yukon starter makes it especially popular in pancakes. The sourness of any starter can be made more or less sour following the guidelines here: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/how-to-make-truly-sour-sourdough-bread
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Brianna at 9/23/2011 10:20 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- makes great bread Review by Lynn
Value Quality Price
Lively culture, makes pleasingly sour bread, and light pancakes.
(Posted on 10/5/2014)
- excellent starter Review by Paracol
Price Value Quality
Using this starter according to the enclosed instructions I was able to set myself up with 3 different types of sourdough in no time. Since I have city water I did purchase filtered water, but that was the only concession I made, and one that was well worth it. It makes great bread and pancakes.
(Posted on 8/18/2014)
- Great Starter for Newbies Review by Sherry L
Value Quality Price
Follow the instructions included with you order and you'll have a vibrant, healthy starter in no time. My family loves sourdough pancakes now, I make them with the extra starter, freeze them, and they're handy for a quick breakfast or just a snack.
(Posted on 2/24/2014)
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.