Yogurt -Mint Tzatziki Sauce
If you’ve never had tzatziki sauce then you are missing out on an amazing Greek delicacy. Tzatziki is made thin enough to drizzle over kebabs or gyros, or thick for dipping breads and vegetables.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped finely
- Sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth-lined strainer over a bowl. Drain whey at least 1 hour, or up to several hours, for a thicker sauce.
- At the same time, add chopped cucumber to a small bowl and sprinkle lightly with salt. Allow cucumber to sit, salted, as long as the yogurt is straining.
- After several hours place salted cucumber in a clean tea towel and gently squeeze the liquid out.
- Add the cucumbers to a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and mint, and stir well to combine.
- Add salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days.
Ready for More Yogurt Recipes?