Yogurt-Dill Sauce for Salmon
This smooth, rich sauce transforms a plain piece of poached fish into a gourmet delight.
- 1 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and mustard in the top of a double boiler. Be sure it is not an aluminum pan or the egg yolks may discolor.
- Whisk together and heat over simmering water, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in dill, and let cool slightly before serving over poached salmon or other fish.
Ready to Learn More?