Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Fill your kitchen with the wonderful scents of fall with this delicious recipe. Pumpkin muffins are great for breakfast or snack, easy to pack in a lunch box or as an office snack.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Sucanat or other whole sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter or coconut oil (cooled)
- Combine the flour, buttermilk, and pumpkin puree together in a medium bowl. Cover and soak 12-24 hours in a warm location.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, baking soda, baking powder, Sucanat, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs; mix in butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the soaked dough and mix until about halfway combined. Sprinkle in the dry ingredients and mix in until completely combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups ¾ full with batter. Bake muffins 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool before serving.
Ready for More Pumpkin Recipes?