This rennet is a double-strength microbial "vegetable" rennet for cheesemaking. Browse our collection of cheese recipes.
- 1 fl oz. bottle
- Double strength
- No animal byproducts
- Yield: Each 1 oz. bottle contains approximately six teaspoons; enough to set up to 48 gallons of milk. (1/4 tsp. will set up to 2 gallons of milk.)
- Gluten-free, non-GMO
- Enzyme produced by pure fermentation of Mucor Meihei in salt brine, sodium chloride, sodium benzoate, and caramel color.
- Salt content is 17.4%, resulting in approximately 0.006% salt in the final product coming from the coagulant (rennet).
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Instructions for Using Liquid Vegetable Rennet
- This rennet is DOUBLE STRENGTH.
- Use half as much as recipe calls for.
- Dilute required amount of rennet with 20 times its volume of cool, potable water.
- Immediately add into milk and stir for 2 minutes to uniformly distribute.
Additional Rennet and Cheesemaking Instructions
Shelf Life and Storage Information
Store rennet in refrigerator. Will keep 6 months if stored properly.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.