Vegan Raw Almond Milk Yogurt
This recipe is based on making homemade raw almond milk, not using commercial brands of milk.
- Measure 1 cup of almond milk and add pectin powder. Blend in blender until well combined. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, slowly heat the remaining almond milk, with the calcium water added, to 140ºF.
- Add reserved almond milk/pectin mixture. Return to 140ºF. Remove from heat.
- Cool to 110ºF. Sprinkle vegan yogurt starter over the milk and stir well.
- Pour into a clean 1-quart glass jar and cover with a coffee filter, secured with a rubber band.
- Incubate for 8-10 hours at 105º-112ºF. The longer the yogurt incubates, the tangier it will be.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours (overnight yields very thick yogurt). Yogurt will not thicken until after refrigeration time.
*Each box of Pomona's Universal Pectin includes pectin and a separate packet of monocalcium phosphate