Turkish Kefir Dip
Add this spicy, creamy dip to your next mezze platter, for a little cultured variety.
- 1 cup strained dairy kefir (consistency of sour cream or slightly thicker)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed*
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- Just prior to serving, drizzle with olive oil.
*Use a mortar and pestle to mash the garlic with a bit of sea salt for better flavor.
Ready for More Cultured Dip Recipes?