This dish goes wonderfully with pasta and tomatoes, or a marinara sauce. Warm garlic bread rounds out the amazing Italian flavors.
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast cutlets (about 8 cutlets)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dry basil, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Brush rinsed turkey cutlets with the lemon juice.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, cheese, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the turkey cutlets in this mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large, shallow frying pan, melt the butter over low heat. After it has melted, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the breaded turkey to the pan.
- Cook it 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until it is sufficiently browned and fully cooked right to the middle. Add more butter to the pan if you need it.
Serve the turkey pieces hot. Makes 4 servings.