Save 20% Site Wide! Coupon code: HOLIDAY
$3.99 Flat Rate Shipping* Click here for details
Thermophilic Type C Culture made by Abiasa: For use in Italian and farmstead type cheeses including Swiss, Gruyere, Jarlsberg, and Emmental.
- 10 gram package
- Usage Rate: 1/2 tsp. per 2-4 gallons of milk or as directed by your recipe. Please note, the usage rate information is supplied by the manufacturer. Always use the amount recommended in your specific recipe.
- This is a direct-set (single-use) culture, no maintenance required.
- Country of Origin: Canada
- Lactose, ascorbic acid, live active bacteria (S. thermophilus and L. helveticus)
Storage Information: Store in the refrigerator.
What is a Direct-Set Culture?
Direct-Set cultures are a one-time-use culture, they cannot be recultured (i.e. perpetuated beyond the single batch). Direct-Set cultures are often preferred by cheese makers as they require no maintenance or care. Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese. Most Direct-Set cultures contain multiple doses to inoculate multiple batches.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.
Questions on Thermo C Culture
- From Debbie at 7/6/2013 12:00 PM
- From Courtney at 10/20/2012 8:43 PM
- Hi, I found this type C ferment hiding in my cabinet. I think I received it as a bonus in my last order (a while ago) but I don't have any instructions on how to make the culture for the cheeses listed here. IS there a document/pdf I can get from your company with instruction for making swiss/gruyere cheese? Thanks
- Thermo C is an ingredient used in a variety of different cheeses, so it isn't exactly a specific culture like our other yogurts. Check out these cheese recipes at this page: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/cheese.
The best thing to do is look for a type of cheese you like that uses Thermo C as the culture.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- great Review by whisper38
Value Quality Price
great product line, great customer service.
(Posted on 10/7/2014)
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.
Updating your cart...