Tarragon Chicken Salad
This new twist on the ever-popular chicken salad is tasty all by itself, or can be used as a sandwich filling. For a fancy party appetizer, stuff some into miniature cream puff shells.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked, cooled, and diced (from boneless breasts, whole chicken, or even a ready-prepared rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup soaked and dried sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup lacto-fermented mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Placed diced chicken in a large bowl. Stir in onions, celery, sunflower seeds, and tarragon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and salt. Stir to combine, then pour over chicken mixture.
- Toss chicken and dressing together, adding additional mayonnaise if desired.
- Serve as a lunch sandwich filling, in lettuce wraps, or in cream puff shells for a fancy party appetizer.
Ready to Learn More?