Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
Using sour cream and fresh cream in this recipe makes a thick, rich, smooth dessert. If your strawberries are really sweet, try it without added sugar.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- ¾ cup sugar, if desired
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh cream
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Slice strawberries and toss them with sugar. Let sit at room temperature until the sugar has dissolved into the strawberry juices, about an hour.
- Pulse the strawberries in their juices with the sour cream, fresh cream, and lemon juice in a blender until they are smooth, with little chunks of strawberry.
- Refrigerate mixture at least one hour, covered.
- Pour the mixture into your crank freezer or electric ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Pack ice cream into a quart-size lidded container. Place the in the freezer until fully set, about 5 to 6 hours, or overnight.
Ready for More Recipes Using Sour Cream?