Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
Using sour cream and fresh cream in this recipe makes a thick, rich, smooth dessert. If your strawberries are really sweet, try it without added sugar.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- ¾ cup sugar, if desired
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh cream
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Slice strawberries and toss them with sugar. Let sit at room temperature until the sugar has dissolved into the strawberry juices, about an hour.
- Pulse the strawberries in their juices with the sour cream, fresh cream, and lemon juice in a blender until they are smooth, with little chunks of strawberry.
- Refrigerate mixture at least one hour, covered.
- Pour the mixture into your crank freezer or electric ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Pack ice cream into a quart-size lidded container. Place the in the freezer until fully set, about 5 to 6 hours, or overnight.
Ready for More Recipes Using Sour Cream?