Stir-fried Queso Blanco
Here’s an unusual way to prepare a soft, mild cheese and add a savory twist!
- 1 pound queso blanco, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small purple onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup marinade:
- 1 cup sour kombucha or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Marinate the queso blanco cubes in a large, covered bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add cheese, marinade, onions, peppers, cabbage, mushrooms, almonds, and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes longer. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent scorching or sticking.
Serve over a bed of hot white rice or linguini.