Traditionally hummus is made with garbanzo beans. Sprout them first, for easier digestion.
- 2 cups sprouted garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook sprouted garbanzo beans until soft. Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients to desired consistency using a food processor.
- Drizzle with more olive oil, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or raw veggies as a dip, or spread hummus on flour tortilla, top with alfalfa or radish sprouts and roll it up.
Ready for More Recipes Using Sprouts?