Sprouts in Coconut-Garlic Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small chili pepper (serrano, jalapeño, habañero), minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups sprouted beans
- 3 tablespoons wine and/or vegetable broth of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Toasted sesame oil for drizzling
- In a wok or cast-iron pan, heat the coconut oil over high heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, chili pepper, and cayenne and sauté for a minute, taking care not to burn.
- Add the sprouts and sauté for another minute.
- Add the wine and/or broth, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the 2 tablespoons of butter, stirring to coat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve over rice or noodles.