There are lots of flour options with this scrumptious brownie recipe. Use rye flour for chewy brownies or wheat & spelt flour for cake-like brownies. Try brown rice flour for a great gluten-free alternative.
- 3 cups sprouted flour
- 2 cups buttermilk, yogurt, or milk kefir
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chocolate extract (optional, but enhances taste)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- Crispy pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Mix flour and buttermilk into a dough and set aside.
- Cream softened butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, vanilla and chocolate extract. Blend well.
- Add baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Pull flour mixture into small pieces and add to bowl. Blend well. Spoon batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Try More Recipes Using Sprouted Flour: