A quiche is a delightful way to serve eggs plus the ingredients of your choice. The tartness of spinach combined with the creamy sweetness of ricotta makes this dish irresistable for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust of your choice (homemade, gluten-free, etc.)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages organic frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 pastured eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake pie crust for 5 minutes; remove to a cooling rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Sauté onions in butter until translucent; stir in spinach, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add ricotta, parmesan, cream, and eggs to spinach mixture; stir to combine. Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes, until filling is set and slightly browned.
Serve hot or at room temperature. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Ready to learn more?