This easy crust rivals anything you've ever tasted!
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sourdough starter*
- 4 to 5 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil, etc.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Mix together the fresh sourdough starter, one tablespoon of oil, the salt and 1-1/4 cups of flour. Add more flour, a little at a time, as needed to form a pizza dough consistency. The amount of flour needed will depend on the hydration level of your sourdough starter (the flour-to-water ratios used when feeding the starter).
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes as it will be easier to roll out. (It won't rise significantly, if at all.) Roll the dough out into a circle using a minimum amount of flour to prevent sticking.
- Bake the crust for approximately 7 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and brush on the remaining oil to prevent the toppings from soaking into the crust and making it soggy.
- Add the desired toppings and bake the pizza until the crust browns and the cheese melts.
*We recommend using sourdough starter that has been fed three times 4 to 12 hours apart prior to making the pizza crust. Click here for more information on feeding your sourdough starter prior to baking.