These biscuits are a twist on the wheat biscuit, both in flavor and in texture. Rich, nutty, and delicious, these biscuits are wonderful with honey and butter. Use our Brown Rice Sourdough Starter and gluten-free oat flour if you are sensitive to gluten.
- In a medium bowl, cut cold butter into oat flour. Mix in brown rice sourdough starter; add in milk gradually until a stiff dough starts to form. Once dough is stiff but pulls together, cover and sour 8-18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix salt and baking powder in a small bowl and sprinkle over soured dough. Knead for a couple of minutes, adding oat flour as needed to keep the dough from being too sticky.
- Once everything is well-incorporated, flour a clean surface and pat dough out into a large rectangle ¾-inch high. Use a biscuit cutter or sharp knife to cut into biscuits.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until browned on the bottom and firm on top.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Ready to Learn More About Gluten-free Sourdough?