Sourdough Cinnamon-Pecan Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup whole cane sugar (rapadura or Sucanat)
- 1 tablespoon sprouted grain flour or unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans (preferably soaked and dried)
- Butter a 9x13-inch glass baking dish; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix pecan topping ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, stir honey and butter together until well blended. Stir in vanilla, sourdough starter, milk, and eggs.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer, stir flour into sourdough mixture alternately with sour cream until the batter is smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the topping. Cover with remaining half of batter and sprinkle remaining topping over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm or cold, with or without whipped cream.
Ready to Learn More?