Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Sourdough Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups unrefined cane sugar (or 1½ cups honey)
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups sifted sprouted grain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- ½ cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- One batch cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Gently melt coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together coconut oil, sugar, sourdough starter, vanilla, and eggs until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to sourdough mixture and stir to combine. Fold in carrots, pineapple, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until top springs back when lightly pressed. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting, if desired.
Ready for More Sourdough Recipes?