Everyone loves brownies! This recipe uses a sourdough starter for extra chewiness and volume.
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1½ cups flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh sourdough starter
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat. Pour in hot water and combine thoroughly.
- Stir in baking soda until the mixture is foamy. Set aside and cool until lukewarm. (It is important the mixture not be too hot.)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well; add vanilla, chocolate mixture, and nuts.
- Gently add flour and salt.
- Add the sourdough starter. Mix to just combine; do not over-mix.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan. Let rise in a warm spot (70°-85°F) for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake brownies 35-40 minutes. Cool and serve.
Browse More Sourdough Dessert Recipes!