Sourdough Banana Zucchini Quick Bread
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup rapadura or organic granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon grated orange rind (zest)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini squash
- Grease one 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and add eggs one at a time, blending after each addition.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and the sourdough starter.
- Stir in the vanilla extract or orange zest and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture, chopped nuts, and shredded zucchini squash to the prepared sourdough mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Set the filled loaf pan aside to let it rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake approximately 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or an instant digital thermometer shows the temperature of the bread to be at 200°F.
Ready to Learn More?