Sourdough Banana Zucchini Quick Bread
Give your zucchini bread a little tangy flavor with added sourdough starter in this delicious quick-bread recipe.
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ to 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup shredded, unpeeled zucchini squash
- Grease one 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time, blending after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas and sourdough starter.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and orange zest and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture, chopped nuts, and shredded zucchini squash to the prepared sourdough mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Set the filled loaf pan aside to let it rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or the internal temperature of the bread reaches 200°F.
Ready for More Sourdough Recipes?