Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Sourdough Banana Bread
Moist, rich, and delicious, banana bread is great for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, palm shortening, or coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in the sourdough starter and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x5-inch bread pan. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool completely prior to slicing.
Try More Sweet Bread Recipes!
Ready to Learn More About Baking with Sourdough?
Back to Expert Advice on Baking Sourdough at Home