- 1/2 cup butter, palm shortening, or coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh sourdoughstarter
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Note: Depending on the hydration level of your sourdough starter, a little more or less flour may be needed to achieve the right consistency in your banana bread batter.
- Cream together the butter (or shortening or coconut oil), sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix in the sourdough starter and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x5-inch bread pan. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool completely prior to slicing.