This frosting is deliciously sweet and sour, smooth and creamy.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and butter until well combined.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- If frosting is too thick, spoon in more sour cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread on cooled cake or cupcakes and top with cinnamon or bits of grated carrot, or just leave it plain.
Ready for More Sour Cream Recipes?