Change up an old stand-by with delicious cultured sour cream. Cake lovers everywhere will thank you!
- 2½ cups unrefined cane sugar
- 1 cup naturally sweetened chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cultured sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend sugar in a high-powered blender to make powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with butter. Cool until just barely warm.
- Stir powdered sugar into melted chocolate; add vanilla and sour cream and stir vigorously. If frosting is not thick enough, add additional powdered sugar or refrigerate frosting for 10 minutes and whip again when it is cooler.
- For sheet cake, spread frosting over top of cooled cake. For layer cake, spread ½-1 cup of frosting between layers; frost the outside of cake with remaining frosting.
- Store cake in the refrigerator until serving time and refrigerate any leftover frosting.