- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups rapadura or Sucanat
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and the vanilla extract. Gently mix in the water and sourdough starter. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Drop the dough onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the cookies with cinnamon and sugar if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes.