Shio Koji makes a quick and easy marinade for meat. Try it grilled, broiled, or in this simple pan-fried version.
- 2 pounds sirloin or flank beef steaks
- ⅓ cup Shio Koji
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons grated ginger root
- Oil for frying
- Slice beef into strips ½-inch thick.
- Mix in the koji, garlic and ginger and massage well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oil in a skillet at medium high heat. Fry the meat in batches until browned but still tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain and serve with vegetables.