Roasted French Feta Appetizer
A delicious treat from the south of France!
- ½ pound feta, rinsed, drained, and sliced into ½-inch slices
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup bottled roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Divide cheese evenly in large baking pan. Sprinkle oregano and pepper over cheese.
- Stir together tomatoes, olives, and oil in a small bowl; spoon mixture over and around cheese.
- Broil 2 to 4 inches from heat until edges of cheese are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and baguette slices or other crusty bread.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Ready to Learn More?