Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Roasted Beet Salad with Pears and Chevre
Here’s an easy salad that embraces the bounty of fall and winter root vegetables. It can be a side dish or meal all on its own, and can be served warm or cold over a bed of mixed greens.
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnut halves, toasted
- 8 to 10 large beets
- Olive oil to coat
- 2 ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon unfiltered cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped coarsely
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim greens and root tails off of the beets and slice in half. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over trimmed beets and mix to coat.
- Place face down on a baking sheet with aluminum foil or in a covered clay pot to roast. Roast for 30 to 50 minutes depending on the size of the beets.
- Once cool, remove the skins easily with clean fingers, then slice the beets into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Slice pears or apples into wedges and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, make the vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, vinegars, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the beets and toss to coat.
- To serve, place dressed beets over a bed of greens. Top with fruit, nuts, and cheese.