Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Ricotta Pancakes with Butter-Honey Syrup
- 2 cups sifted, finely ground wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta, well drained
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, milk, and ricotta. In a separate medium-size bowl, mix dry pancake ingredients together with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the large bowl of wet ingredients, mixing with a wooden spoon just until blended. Add the egg whites one spoonful at time, folding them in with a rubber spatula.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick griddle over medium-high heat. Oil with olive or vegetable oil just until shiny.
- When a droplet of water dances on the surface of the griddle, it is ready. Cook the pancakes (about 1/4 cup batter per pancake) until golden on both sides.
- Transfer the pancakes to a platter and keep warm in a 200°F oven while you make the syrup.
Butter-Honey Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup fresh butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Butter-Honey Syrup Instructions
- Melt the butter in a medium-size sauce pan, stirring frequently to keep it from scorching.
- Once the butter is completely melted, add the syrup and stir until it is hot throughout.
- Turn off the heat and add cinnamon. Stir to blend and transfer the hot syrup to a non-glass serving container.
Serve pancakes hot, drizzled with the syrup. Makes 15 to 16 small pancakes.
Ready to Learn More?