Need a good way to use up leftover holiday ham? Try this ham salad sandwich filling that uses fermented dill pickles as well as fermented mayonnaise to give your sandwich a healthy dose of probiotics.
- 2 cups ham, cooked and finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup lacto-fermented dill pickle, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon kombucha mustard, optional (or use regular prepared mustard)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons lacto-fermented mayonnaise
- Dice the ham in very small pieces or use a food processor to grind it to the desired consistency. If using a food processor you can also pulse the celery, onions, and pickles into a fine dice, or use a knife to cut by hand.
- Combine ham, celery, pickles, onions, and mustard in a medium-size bowl. Stir in 4 tablespoons of lacto-fermented mayonnaise and add additional mayonnaise as desired.
Store in the refrigerator. Makes enough for 4 hearty sandwiches.
Ready to Learn More?