- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked until soft
- 2 cups dairy kefir
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Mix ingredients well with a potato masher or egg beater.
- Place in a covered nonmetal bowl in a warm place away from drafts and direct sunlight and leave for 2 days.
- Place the potato mixture into a clean colander lined with cheesecloth. Tie the ends of the cheesecloth together to create a draining sack, and hang on a wooden spoon suspended over a large bowl or sink. Leave to drain until it stops dripping.
- Transfer the potato cheese to a clean, covered plastic container. Flavor as desired with pepper, herbs, or fruit, and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Makes about 4 cups potato cheese.
Ready to Learn More?