Perfect for making liquid soap bases for shampoo, body wash, laundry detergent, hand soap, and more!
- 2 lbs. container
- Use for homemade, liquid soap making.
Instructions for Using Potassium Hydroxide
- Directions for use depend on the application. Do not use at full strength.
- Always add Potassium Hydroxide to water, not the other way around. ADDING WATER TO POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE CAN CAUSE A VOLCANO EFFECT.
- Use chemically resistant container and tools.
- Wear eye protection and rubber gloves when using this product.
- Add product slowly to avoid splattering.
- Use only with cold water to minimize heat.
- DANGER: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- KEEP AWAY FROM PETS.
- AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN, EYES, MUCOUS MEMBRANES, AND CLOTHING.
- WEAR RUBBER GLOVES WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT.
- Harmful if inhaled or ingested. Eye and skin irritant. Wear gloves. Lye will burn skin on contact.
- Use in ventilated areas. Dust may harm lungs if inhaled. If eye or skin contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
- EXTERNAL: Flood with water then wash with vinegar.
- INTERNAL: Drink large quantities of water. Follow with citrus juice, if available. Do not induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
- EYES: Flush with water for 15 minutes. Get prompt medical attention.