Make pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, and more using your wide-mouth canning jars.
The Perfect Pickler Includes
- Lid and grommet
- A s-style airlock which fits on standard wide-mouth canning jars (specifically Kerr* and Ball* brands of jars).
- A rubber gasket ring to further seal the jar and pressurize the contents.
- A spacer cup which floats under the lid to collect brine overflow, exhaust gas, and maintain an air sequestered environment.
- 1/4 lb. Celtic sea salt
- Does not include the jar. Use with standard wide-mouth canning jars (specifically Kerr* and Ball* brands). Jars are generally available from your local variety-style department store in pint, quart, and half-gallon sizes
More About the Perfect Pickler
- Materials: BPA- and phthalate-free.
- Very simple to use.
- Eliminates air while keeping the fermenting vegetables under the brine resulting in less scum and mold formation while also generally yielding a crunchier end product.
- Air and gasses created through fermentation escape through the water-filled airlock but new air cannot enter keeping your fermenting vegetables safe.
- Eliminates the need to open the container during fermentation to check on the vegetables or to remove scum and mold from the surface.
- Can be used with just vegetables, salt, and water. Can also be used with whey or a starter culture if desired.
- Airlock lid can be switched out for a solid lid after fermentation for easy storage in the refrigerator.
- Pickles and other fermented vegetables can be made in as little as 4 days (although many people prefer the taste profile possible from longer fermentation periods).
*Ball and Kerr are trademarked brand names of their respective manufacturers.