Granular rennet works the same as liquid rennet and rennet tablets but is particularly useful for making larger batches of cheese. If you generally make smaller batches of cheese, we recommend using liquid rennet or rennet tablets which are easier to measure. If you wish to use granular rennet for smaller batches, we recommend using appropriate measuring spoons.
Usage: Use 1/32 to 1/16 teaspoon for up to two gallons of milk. May need to adjust the amount based on the recipe. Keep container closed securely and store in a cool dry place (ideally refrigerated).
1 oz. Organic Granular Vegetable Rennet
Questions on Organic Granular Vegetable Rennet
- From Matt Lewis at 11/25/13 7:35 AM
- From Elaine at 4/11/13 9:07 PM
- How long will this rennet keep under normal conditions?
- All of our products have a best by date on them. This rennet has a year shelf life from manufacture date, and that date will be on the package. This rennet should be kept in the freezer for best results.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No