Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins
This basic muffin recipe makes a filling and healthy muffin for breakfast or snack. Use different dried fruit and nuts for a new muffin flavor each week.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white flour or whole wheat pastry flour (or combination)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Prior to baking, combine the oats, flour, and yogurt. Cover the bowl and soak for 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until muffins are set and lightly browned.
Makes 12 muffins.
Ready for More Amazing Muffin Recipes?