This is a delightful fusion of western and eastern flavors, easy to make and even easier to eat!
You will need about 2 to 4 tablespoons of cream cheese per nori wrapper, and one or two small jalapeños.
- Add a little yogurt or sour cream to the cream cheese, and mix well to make the cream cheese spreadable.
- Slice the jalapeños into thin strips.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mix (about 1/4 inch thick) on a nori wrapper, leaving about 1/2 inch of the wrapper free of spread on one end. Along the center of the roll, and parallel to the un-dressed end, make a line of jalapeño strips. Make another line of jalapeño strips halfway between the first strip and the end of the nori wrapper opposite the un-dressed end.
- Starting at the end away from the un-dressed end, roll up the nori fairly tightly, making sure to keep the jalapeño strips from sliding around. You can use a sushi roller for this, or just do it by hand. Run a wet finger (can use jalapeño juice) along the un-dressed end of the nori to close up the roll.
- Cut the roll crossways, into about 1/2-inch sections and serve as bite-size snacks.