Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Naturally Fermented Salsa
This salsa tastes so fresh and delicious, you'll never want to go back to salsa in a jar again.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1-2 jalepeños, diced
- Clove of garlic, minced
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Lemon and lime juice to taste
- One of the following:
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 teaspoons salt and ¼ cup whey
- 1-2 teaspoons salt and ¼ cup water kefir
- Mix all the ingredients together including the salt, whey, or finished kefir.
- Place the salsa in a fermentation container, pressing down to release some liquid. Ideally the vegetables should be submerged under the liquid. Add a bit of extra water if needed.
- Ferment for 2+ days at room temperature.
Once the fermentation period is complete, the salsa can be removed to a storage container and stored in the refrigerator or root cellar.
Makes approximately 1 quart.