Kraut Pounders are a valuable tool for making sauerkraut, kimchi and other lacto-fermented foods. Handmade from a solid piece of hardwood maple by a local WAPF chapter. The pattern used was passed down to a chapter member by her grandmother.
- Height: 11 inches
- Base Diameter: 2.5 inches (designed to fit into a standard wide-mouth canning jar)
Does not include the cutting board or vegetables.
Questions on Kraut Pounder
- From Marsha at 4/23/13 5:40 PM
- From Brian at 1/13/13 8:37 PM
- Is this used for pounding in a canning jar? And it won't break the jar?
- The Kraut Pounder is used to mash the cabbage, bringing out the juices for the fermenting process. It is very helpful, but certainly not necessary to make sauerkraut. You can use it in a wide mouth canning jar, but we recommend that you press, rather than pounding with it inside the jar. This will compact your veggies without damaging the jar.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From daniel at 7/16/12 4:25 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
Video Testimonials & Reviews
Upload your video