Make homemade Mozzarella and Ricotta cheese at home with this easy-to-use kit. Perfect for beginners, this kit makes a great gift. Mozzarella takes approximately 30 minutes to make. Mozzarella can be made using cow milk, goat milk, or powdered milk. Each kit contains instructions and supplies to make approximately 20 batches of Mozzarella (3/4 pound per batch) and 10+ batches of Ricotta (1-1/2 to 2 pounds per batch). Just add milk!
This kit includes:
- 1 yard Butter Muslin (fine-weave cheesecloth)
- 4 oz. Citric Acid
- 5 Vegetable Rennet Tablets
- 8 oz. Cheese Salt
- Instruction and Recipe Booklet
Storage: Store in a cool dry place. Once received, store rennet tablets in the freezer for maximum viability.
Tips for Buying Milk for Cheese Making: The more highly processed the milk (prior to cheesemaking), the more difficult it will be to make proper cheese curd. We always recommend using local milk that has not been treated for long transit time. Mozzarella and Ricotta can be made with lactose-free milk. (Be sure to avoid UHT/UP milk.)
Questions on Mozzarella and Ricotta Cheese Kit
Items 11 to 13 of 13 total
- From A different Lesley :) at 11/20/13 6:14 PM
- I've been told, believe it or not, that citric acid is now mostly GMO. Have you verified yours?
- Yes, we have! From our product page:
6 oz. Citric Acid used for making Mozzarella and Ricotta Cheese. Non-GMO Corn based Citric Acid.
This Citric Acid contains no Glutamate, Glutamic acid or hydrolyzed protein. Glucose syrup from maize is a fermented raw material and is not contained in the end product.
Store in a sealed container in a cool dry place.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Christine at 12/3/13 10:04 AM
- From Erika at 12/11/13 5:11 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- very good product Review by pink
Price Value Quality
- It was a great gift. Review by Stella Rose
Quality Price Value